Have you made your New Year’s resolutions for next year to help take your real estate business to the next level? 2017 is just around the corner! How about helping your clients make some New Year’s resolutions?
If you’re stuck in a content rut or burned out from the year (and ready to chill during the cold winter months), then why not provide a resolutions list for your clients? It’s a great way to advise them on how to make the most of the next year for their new homes and a clever way to keep you top of mind.
New Year’s Resolutions to Share with Clients
- Declutter Your Home – Your clients might want to save this for spring, but why not start their efforts in January? This is an especially great time after the slue of Christmas gifts that they have received. Plus, if they plan to sell their home, it will make selling the house and moving that much easier. Let them know to start small and go room by room, designating areas for donations, things to be fixed and things to sell. The sooner they start, the better they’ll feel!
- Create a Safe Home – If your clients have kids (or even if they don’t!), then making their homes safer all around is a great resolution to make. Have them commit to a regular safety maintenance schedule by checking smoke and carbon monoxide alarms monthly, ensuring they have fire extinguishers and preparing the family for emergencies such as weather disasters and fire. They should replenish emergency kits, bottled water and non-perishable food items throughout the year, too.
- Invest in Smart Technology – Some clients may have just missed the boat on making their homes safe when they bought their homes, but it’s never too late. Some ways to make homes “smarter”? Smart home hubs like Amazon Echo, security video monitors like Ring and smart thermostats like Nest.
- Consider Refinancing – Encourage clients to decrease their payments or lock in a low fixed mortgage rate through refinancing. Shopping around for the best rates is a great way to find one the lowest one that works for you and will make your clients feel a lot better come 2018.
- Make Your Home Greener – Change bulbs to energy-efficient ones. This will also help your clients save money. Another way to be greener is to clean the house with reusable cloths or old, clean rags versus wasteful paper towels (which they can use for especially dirty messes).
By sharing these five tips with your clients, you can help them be better homeowners and prepared sellers when the time comes!