So, for those of you real estate agents who are already on Snapchat, they have just launched a new feature called “Memories”. It could be a great new way for you to expand your real estate business on the platform, tell great stories that leads and clients can check out and get you to be a more active “Snapchatter”.
What is Snapchat Memories?
Snapchat Memories allows you to collect some of your snaps into groups that your followers can view any time. Think of it like an album. You can create, send snaps and name the album then refer people to it to view.
Before, your snaps lasted for a brief moment before they expired. Doing so created a sense of urgency. But Snapchat now sees the value in your being able to save them for others to view.
Why is Snapchat Memories a Good Business Tool?
When snaps are transient, they can be long forgotten by your followers. Now, you can save ones that create a longer-lasting story. If you have a particular type of home you sell, for example, in a particular neighborhood, your memory of these snaps you’ve taken can showcase them in one place. You can send people to them or show clients a better idea of your real estate focus.
How Do You Use Snapchat Memories?
Here are a few things you need to know to use Snapchat Memories:
- You can save past snaps or even whole stories into a Memories folder.
- If you want to save something from your phone’s Camera Roll, you need to save it into a Story first.
- You can re-post Snaps and Stories from within Memories to send to individual people.
- Videos are only 10 seconds long, so keep that in mind when you create a video to Snap and then eventually save to Memories.
- You can share a Memory with certain people or publicly, as you have always been able to do with Snaps and Stories.
- Memories won’t save your Snaps and Stories for you. However, you can save your Snaps and Stories beforehand and do so automatically by making sure the auto-save feature is on in your settings.
For a more detailed play-by-play on these features of Memories, check out this article.
How Can You Use Snapchat Memories for Real Estate Agents?
If you’ve gotten this far and are chomping at the bit for ideas on how to use Snapchat Memories for your real estate business, check out our ideas below.
- Got tips that you’ve shared with other clients? Create a Memory of these as you create Snaps and Stories around them.
- An FAQ of snaps is a handy way to showcase the most frequent and pressing questions sellers and buyers have had for you over the years.
- As we mentioned before, Snaps of homes you’ve sold in a particular neighborhood is a great way to showcase your work.
- Alternatively, you could do a Memory of houses you currently have listed.
- Similarly, if you have great Snaps of features or favorite hot spots in a particular neighborhood, throw those in a Memory. A more organic way to do this is to create a tour of sorts by collecting Snaps as you drive through a neighborhood and stop at these spots. Including locals, like business owners of these places or businesses you work with in the area, give it a personal touch.
- See cool features of properties in your listing portfolio? Create a Memory for these, too. One could be for kitchens, kids’ rooms, outdoor spaces…the possibilities are endless!
- If you capture Snaps of your working throughout the day, you could collect the Snaps that show each step in the real estate process and include them in a Memory.
Snapchat is a great way to connect with a new generation of home sellers and buyers. With the new Memories feature, you can reach them even more and tell a better story. It is easy to get bogged down in the details of the “how,” but with a little practice and dedication, you could be Snapchatting your way to more leads and clients. At the end of the day, just have fun with it!